THE 2022-2023 APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!
The Samya Rose Stumo Memorial Fellowship for Global Health is for exceptional young women change-makers who have inventive ideas that look to revolutionize global health. The fellowship will support the entrepreneurial ideas of young women who may otherwise have never had the opportunity. ThinkWell will offer a platform to inspire fellows, incubate their ideas, and launch their careers.
ThinkWell wants to help emerging women leaders identify a need for improved health outcomes in their own community and mentor them to create a model for change. Fellows will dedicate a year of their lives to develop this model. The model could have one or more of the following components:
- A BUSINESS or operating model
- Harnessing the COLLECTIVE energy in the community
- Developing ADVOCACY tools
Fellows will be part of a cohort where they will be mentored by leading ThinkWell global health experts, learn how to problem solve health systems challenges, and build their own professional networks.
The fellowship experience will include:
- In Country mentorship guidance from ThinkWell’s leading global health experts
- Weekly virtual classes and mentorship on business skills and entrepreneurship
- Workshops and lectures from prominent global health leaders
- A monthly stipend to support their work and professional development
Who We Are Seeking
We seek applications from women who want to pursue work in global health, have demonstrated leadership in their communities, and are interested improving health outcomes in their communities. Individuals must be willing to commit one year to this fellowship as their primary activity (40hrs/wk). The fellowship stipend is meant to be equivalent to a full-time employment salary.
The fellowship will accept promising women applicants from Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Indonesia, Kenya, and the Philippines.
The deadline for the 2022-2023 cohort has been extended to June 12th, 2022.